Every year, Mirror Mountain hosts a live performance that combines music and film/video. We are currently seeking proposals from local filmmakers/media artists and bands for our 2017 festival, which will take place December 1st – 3rd at Arts Court Theatre. This year’s live performance is being co-presented Ottawa Showbox.
Rules & guidelines:
– You may submit a proposal as a filmmaker/media artist, or as a band. Mirror Mountain will pair successful applicants with a suitable partner.
– You may also submit as a filmmaker & band combo, if you already have a firm idea of whom you would like to work with.
– Application does not guarantee acceptance. Only one filmmaker/media artist and one band will be chosen.
– Precedence will be given to local applicants from the Ottawa region, but proposals from elsewhere will also be accepted.
– Our live performances typically last 30 minutes and are continuous without breaks.
– Proposals from filmmakers/media artists must involve live manipulation or interaction with the projected images, not just pre-recorded visuals playing by themselves. Proposals should feature an element of performance that creates changes in the visuals in real time.
Interested applicants are encouraged to look at the live performances Mirror Mountain hosted in 2015 and 2016 to get a sense of what we are looking for:
All applications should include:
– A text description of your concept/idea for the performance
– A list of your equipment and technical requirements
– Up to 3 links to online examples of your work
Only submit online links/passwords to your past work on sites like Vimeo, YouTube, Soundcloud and Bandcamp. Physical support material (i.e. CDs/DVDs) will not be accepted.
Mirror Mountain will:
– Work with all artists to ensure professional standards of presentation.
– Pay fees to the artists selected.
– Produce video and photo documentation of the final performance that can be used for professional and promotional purposes.
The deadline to submit a proposal is May 15th. Proposals will not be accepted after this time. Send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.