Mirror Mountain Film Festival is currently seeking proposals from filmmakers, media artists, musicians and bands from the Ottawa-Gatineau region for a live performance that combines music and film projection. The performance will take place during our next festival at Arts Court Theatre and Studio, July 26th – 27th 2019.
Interested applicants are encouraged to check out our past live performances to get a sense of what we are looking for:
Rules & guidelines:
– You may submit a proposal as a filmmaker, or as a musician / band. Mirror Mountain will pair successful applicants with a suitable partner.
– OR, you may submit as a filmmaker & band combo, if you already have a firm idea of whom you would like to work with
– Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance. Only one filmmaker and one musician / band will be chosen
– Precedence will be given to local applicants from the Ottawa region, but proposals from elsewhere are also accepted
– Live performances typically last approximately 30 – 45 minutes
– Proposals from filmmakers should incorporate an element of live, real-time performance, manipulation or interaction with the projected images, not just pre-recorded visuals playing by themselves
All applications should include:
– A text description of your concept/idea for the performance
– A basic outline of your expected equipment and technical requirements
– Up to 3 links to examples of your work*
*Only submit online links/passwords to your past work on sites like YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud and Bandcamp. Physical support material (i.e. CDs/DVDs) will not be accepted.
Mirror Mountain will:
– Work with all artists to ensure professional standards of presentation
– Pay fees to selected artists
– Produce photo, audio and video documentation of the performance that can be used for professional and promotional purposes
The deadline to submit a proposal is February 15th 2019. Proposals will not be accepted after this time. Send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the text “Live Performance Proposal” in your subject line.
We look forward to your submissions!